Last update: June 23, 2021
Our Seedly Guidelines are designed to ensure that our Seedly community is protected. They set out what is allowed and not allowed on Seedly and apply to all types of user-generated content including Discussions, Comments, Replies, Reviews, or Opinions.
With that said, all user-generated Discussions, Comments, Replies, Reviews, or Opinions (hereinafter referred to as ‘content’) are solely the Seedly community members’ and do not express the views or opinions of Seedly Pte Ltd.
Here is a full list of our Seedly Guidelines:
- Seedly code of ethics
- Seedly community rules
- Seedly profile
- How to report a violation
- Promo codes and links
- Spam and deceptive practices
- Discussions rules
- Reviews rules
- Opinions rules
- Campaign/Giveaway Terms & Conditions (T&Cs)
Guiding principles of the Seedly community
We recognise that communities are never perfect. But in order to improve personal finance literacy amongst Singaporeans and those who live in Singapore, we believe that a community and its members are key. Here are the guiding principles of the Seedly community which we set out to create:
- Inclusion and Respect – We do not tolerate attacks or disparages against an individual or group based on characteristics including (but not limited to) age, disability, ethnicity, gender, income, nationality, political affiliation, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
- Collaboration and Shared Purpose – We support and encourage community members and all partners to work together in order to advance and deepen personal finance literacy.
- Openness and Learning – We want everyone in the community to share, discuss, learn, and help one another without fear of judgement or reprimand. All newcomers are welcome and encouraged to contribute.
- Transparency and Trust – We are clear and open about our community and will provide a public record of sponsors, partners, outcomes, as well as a range of views and ideas expressed.
If you violate the Seedly Guidelines
While we strive to be fair, we reserve the right to remove content, ban or delete your Seedly profile, without notice, for any reason, in order to protect Seedly Pte Ltd and our community members.
We will notify you via email if there has been any violation of the Seedly Guidelines. Unless we believe that your Seedly profile is operating in bad faith, or that immediate removal is required. If you choose not to respond or comply within the specified time, the Seedly team reserves the right to remove content associated with, or ban or delete your Seedly profile.
The Seedly team’s decision on all matters regarding the Seedly Guidelines is final. No correspondence or appeals will be entertained.
Organisation and Government Takedown Requests
If the Seedly team receives a request from an organisation actor to remove or edit content associated with your Seedly profile, we will notify you via email, where applicable, if it is a request which involves the correction of factual inaccuracies or falsehoods. This policy does not create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act. And we may enforce, or not enforce, this policy at our sole discretion. If you would like to report such a violation, please email us with details.