The Flagging System aims to maintain the quality of Questions, Answers and Reviews on Seedly, and enables us to remain an unbiased platform that is a great resource for all.
We hope to create a positive and encouraging community that shares in this vision, and want Users to only flag the content of others when it truly does not meet the standards described below. The abuse of the Flagging System will result in serious penalties and potentially a ban from the community.
How to use the Flagging System (with a Flagged Answer Example):
1. Identify the Question/Answer/Comment that breaches our Community Guidelines.
2. Hover your mouse over the top right-hand corner of the Question/Answer/Comment and click on the 3 dots.
3. Click on the "Report" Button that pops up.
4. Identify why the Question/Answer/Comment breaches our Community Guidelines, and select that one option- in this case, it's due to the Answer being Unsubstantial.
5. Click "Submit Report".
6. A Banner will appear at the top of the Page, stating "Thank you, your report is submitted!"; confirming your successful reporting of an errant Question/Answer/Comment.
Combined Flagging Options
- Promotion: Question or Answer contains a Promo/Referral Code
- Promotion: Review contains Promo/Referral Code
- Links: Answer or Question contains links without any context
- Links: Affiliate links which have some commercial gain
- Harassment: Disparaging or adversarial towards a person or group
- Incorrect Topics: Question is incorrectly tagged, not relevant to the Topic
- Factually Incorrect: Substantially incorrect and/or incorrect primary conclusions
- Doesn't Answer the Question: Does not address the question that was asked
- Wrong product: Review does not belong to the correct category/product.
- Inconsistent: Review text is not consistent with the rating given
- Plagiarism: Reusing content without attribution (link and blockquotes)
- Plagiarism: Copied other users content for his/her own
- Unsubstantial: Answer is too short, does not value-add. Needs further elaboration
- Unsubstantial: Review does not value-add to the community
- Poorly Written: Needs elaboration, rephrasing or contextualisation
- Poorly Written: Not in English or has very bad formatting, grammar, and spelling
- Joke Answer: Not a sincere answer
- Nudity: Answer or Review contains nudity.
- Profanity: Answer or Review contains profanities.
- Private Information: It includes information which should not be displayed
- Biased: It seems to be written by someone with an affiliation to the product
- Suspicious: Review is made with an ulterior motive to defame the product
- Fraudulent: Review contains suspected fraudulent intent
- Insulting: Review contains insulting comments towards an individual/group.
- Others: Please provide a description
What happens when you get flagged and removed?
If your content is flagged by our users, our Moderators will decide if the flag is justified or not. If justified, they will choose whether or not to remove the content. The user will then receive an In-App notification with an error message, telling them that their content has been flagged, and the reason for the flag.
How to know if you've been flagged:
1. You'll receive a Notification on Seedly.
2. If you click on the Notification, you'll see which answer was flagged and why.
3. You'll also receive an in-app notification if you have the Seedly App.