Last update: May 18, 2020
We take ethics and transparency very seriously here at Seedly, and we strive to provide you with a platform that is fair, accurate, and transparent to live by our mission to help people in Singapore make smarter financial decisions.
To accomplish that, we operate our community platform based on the principles we’ve shared with you below.
We also welcome questions, comments, and concerns about our coverage, and we invite you to contact us with any issues you might have.
Investments & Funding
- Seedly started in 2016
- Early pre-seed funding from NUS Enterprise, DBS HotSpot, East Ventures
- Acquired by ShopBack group for an undisclosed sum in 2018
- Been running as a wholly owned subsidiary for the last 2 years and more
- Media (Branded SeedlyReads content with Government Agencies)
- Media (Branded SeedlyTV content with Seedly Festival 2020 Sponsors)
- Event (Through Seedly Festival Sponsors and Ticketing)
- Advertising Banner Ads
- Business Account Products and Verified Business Profiles
At SeedlyReads, our goal is clear, precise, literate prose that effectively conveys information to our readers. Those readers should not be misled by error, baited with half-truths, or annoyed by jargon.
- Even though the subject of personal finance is serious and we go about it seriously, our readers should be entertained — when possible — while learning about the intricacies of such a tedious subject
- The best way to learn is if readers find our content relevant and our writing memorable
- We are impartial and seek to reflect the views and experiences of our readers. By focusing on providing value to our readers, our content as a whole should include breadth and diversity of opinion to help readers make smarter financial decisions
- While we should provide a balanced view where possible, our editorial standards do not require absolute neutrality on every issue
- We are independent of outside interests and arrangements that could compromise our editorial integrity
Events - Seedly Personal Finance Festival
Every year, we aim to hold a massive consumer conference event which caters to thousands of people living in Singapore to gather the best speakers and companies who aim to showcase their products/solutions to the public.
- Speakers are curated by the Seedly team
- Content from the speakers are also vetted through and adapted to ensure no product sales happen
- There are sponsors who are supporters of our event segregated by PLATINUM, GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE sponsors
- There will be an article which curates the promotions and shoutouts of the sponsors who are at the event as partners of this festival, which will be made known to users and readers as well
Events - SeedlyTV, Workshop, Webinars, Meetups
Apart from the massive yearly Seedly Festival event, we do run smaller workshops, meetups and SeedlyTV webinars to help educate consumers on personal finance.
- These may be sponsored or partnered in nature
- But we will be sure to share in full details in the lead up and during of the show itself