The Seedly code of ethics applies to all community-centric properties managed by the Seedly Community.
We value quality personal finance content - fresh ideas, well-researched information, varied voices, unique perspectives and we believe that our readers do, too.
Writing an Opinion on Seedly
- No plagiarism. Do not use someone else’s content without attribution.
- Do not publish duplicated content.
- Affiliate links or personal promo codes should be disclosed.
- No offensive or violent photos and images.
- Photos and images should be credited to their sources.
- Use good grammar.
- Tag your opinions appropriately. Tags help to get your opinions to the right community members who share the same interest.
- No self-promotion. Always look to add value to the readers. Prevent spamming of your links or promo codes in your content.
- Avoid promoting Multi-level Marketing schemes, get-rich-quick schemes or companies that are listed on the MAS Investor Alert List.
- Avoid opinions that drive political agendas.
- Do not publish fake news!
- Always cite the source if you are quoting data or research information.
- Do not include sensitive private information without permission.
- Avoid opinions that shame or intimidate any organisation or individual.
- Avoid profanity.
- Always publish a full article.
- Avoid writing about an opinion with the sole purpose of making a company you represent or yourself look good. The purpose of writing community articles should be shared learning and discussion.
Author Best Practices
- Be open to comments on your opinions.
- Actively reply to reader comments to help build community.
- Be proud of your work! Actively distribute your opinions.
If you recognise any opinion providers going against our code of ethics or flouting any rules, please refer to the Flagging function to report any of such incidents.
Opinions expressed are solely the community member's and do not express the views or opinions of Seedly.