If you find Opinions on Seedly which you consider to be spam, harassment, or which violates the Seedly Guidelines and Opinions rules, please report it via the reporting system or email us with details. The Seedly team reserves the right to remove content associated with, or ban or delete your Seedly profile.
We’ve always stressed that all content published on the platform should always prioritise providing value for our community members. Naturally, we want Seedly community members to feel that Seedly Opinions are created by credible subject matter experts and enthusiasts, and are worth reading.
This is why we believe that clickbait Opinions, which serve to drive views over value, devalues what Seedly Opinions stands for: a platform which connects you with a like-minded audience where you’ll have the opportunity to write about what matters to you and share it with readers who care about what you have to say.
In order to avoid clickbait, here are some things which you can ask yourself while crafting your Opinions:
- Are you using an exaggerated title which sensationalises your subject matter or topic?
- Are you using a title or a cover image which is intentionally misleading?
- Does your title make an impossible promise to your readers?
Ultimately, your title and cover image should give readers a good idea of what they’re in for before they click into it. Naturally, the content in your Opinions should always deliver on your promise.
Seedly community members are pretty perceptive and we ALWAYS take the community's feedback seriously.
Disclosure of Affiliate or Referral Links
You must disclose if you have any affiliate or referral links, or other links out of your content where you will receive a commission or other value in kind. If you have received payment, goods or services, or anything else of value in exchange for creating your content, you must disclose this fact (as outlined by the Guidelines on Interactive Marketing Communication and Social Media, which is to be read together with the Singapore Code of Advertising Practice).
Donations, Fundraising, and Solicitation of Money
We do not allow requests for donations or other links and embeds used for fundraising or solicitation of money.
We do not allow the posting of duplicate content as it results in a bad reading and discovery experience for community members.
To clarify, you can choose to republish your content from your personal blog or from any other websites you own, as an Opinions. However, you should not:
- Delete a published Opinions and re-publish the same content as a new Opinions. As much as possible, we recommend that you edit or update an existing Opinions.
- Republish a duplicate version of an existing Opinions as a new Opinions.
- Cross-post Opinions. E.g. If a publication or platform interviews you and publishes it as an Opinions, you may not publish the same interview as your own Opinions.
The Seedly team regularly reviews Opinions published in the Seedly community, and will select quality Opinions which meet our editorial standards for additional distribution via Seedly’s distribution channels.
The Seedly community values quality content — fresh ideas, well-researched information, informed perspectives. Here’s how the Seedly team evaluates quality:
- Does it meet our editorial standards? – Is it clear, precise, literate prose that effectively conveys information? Is it free of typos and errors, is easy to understand, and properly formatted? Overall, does it meet our SeedlyReads editorial standards as listed in our Seedly code of ethics?
- Is it written for the Seedly community? – Is the Opinions written with the Seedly community in mind? Or is it just a means to further a personal agenda or perspective?
- Is it complete? – Is it a finished piece of work? Is it a gateway article which links out to an external website or platform in order to read the Opinions in its entirety?
- Is it rigorous? – Are the sources properly and clearly cited? Are the claims supported by facts and truths?
- Are the images used appropriate? – Are the images (eg. cartoons, comics, gifs, memes, screenshots, photographs and etc.) used for the cover image or in the body of the Opinions relevant and appropriate?
What Doesn’t Qualify For Distribution?
Seedly Opinions which contains any of the disqualifications below will not be considered for distribution:
- Opinions which violate the Seedly Guidelines
- Opinions which contain personal or private information published without permission
- Opinions which are incomplete
- Duplicate content
- Plagiarised content or content used without permission or proper citation
- Undisclosed affiliate links